Saturday, March 12, 2011

SORE.

Yesterday I did the 2.7 loop, jogging most of the time, and then came home & almost immediately did 30DS; I decided to do L2 to see if there was any less high-impact cardio.  There was a bit less, but I still modified to step-touch type stuff whenever jumping jacks were prescribed.  I tried to stretch out my calves as much as possible, but they still really hurt; it's making me wonder if it's actually tightness in the muscle that's causing the pain or if it's just the strain I'm putting on my calves by working them.  The strength work was again very challenging, and my upper back is fairly sore this morning.

I went out to dinner with S- last night and, despite my best intentions, cleaned my plate.  I ordered something that was likely less high-calorie that some other entrĂ©es (it was Thai), and had eaten very little throughout the day knowing that I'd be eating restaurant food, but it was still far more than I should have.  I didn't drink any beer at the meal, and chose not to call anyone to go out for drinks after dinner, so that cut down my intake a little, but after I got home I did get hungry faster than I would have liked.  I ended up making oatmeal (1/2 serving) with apple.  More calories, but not the worst choice I could have made.