- I've lost weight. There can be no doubt about that. I've done it without a scale, without knowing my weight, without obsessing over numbers, without measuring parts of my body, without binging & purging. I've done it without going crazy and making bad choices, without fasting, without counting calories, and without aid or support from anyone but myself. This, in and of itself is a huge success. My clothes fit better, My face and chest are more sleek, and the layer of fat in my upper back that used to form a crease is now just a suggestion of a crease.
- I've kept up a workout routine, jogging or walking with the kids in nice weather (when time/motivation permits), or opting to do workout videos otherwise. I've done aerobics (which I don't particularly like), pilates, strength training, and yoga. My muscles are getting firmer, my stamina & lung capacity has increased, and I am beginning to see muscle definition where there was none before. I can feel the beginnings of toned abdominals under this last layer of fat on my belly, which is shrinking, day by day.
- I've continued to make thought-out choices over the foods I eat, choosing healthy meals and snacks. I've severely curtailed my "freegan" habits, and have been avoiding sweets of all kinds, down to any sweetener on my oatmeal or in my coffee. I've drastically increased the number of fresh fruits & veggies I consume, cut down on starches and eaten more legumes (being careful not to over do it on soy products). I've decreased the amount of alcohol that I consume, and have stopped drinking at home completely. Beer is now a going-out beverage, and I'll have tea at night when I used to have wine.
How fucking awesome is that?! I'm really so, so proud of myself. Even if the Success Skirt doesn't fit as well as I'd like it to on the 16th, I have so much to be happy about, so much success that I've alread achieved, and so many reasons to look in the mirror and think, You know what? You're a fucking badass.
I know one of the biggest challenges I'm going to face is maintaining the body I've created when I decide that yes, I've reached my self-set finish line, and I may potentially be challenged by knowing where my finish line is: when I'm thin enough, when I'm fit enough. Knowing when to start eating just a bit more, or working out just a bit less. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Here's hoping I know when I do.
