Sunday, July 31, 2011

Make the choices that move you closer to your goals.

I've gained weight.  I'm even pudgier that in those photos.  But guess what  - I'm not smoking.  I haven't had a cigarette for 5 days now.  I'm on the patch, but I'm eating and eating  and EATING.  One thing at a time.
I've been getting the dogs out for longer walks, but can't run with all three of them.  I did 30DS for the first time in months (literally), and I sweat off my nicotine patch.  I'll have to make sure I do my workouts in the morning so I can shower then put a fresh patch on.
The notes on the pamphlet that came with the patch said that average weight gain after quitting smoking was "only" 5-10 pounds.  THAT IS NOT OKAY WITH ME.  Hence my return to Jillian & her videos.  If I can get in shape while saving money and potentially my life at the same time, that's pretty cool.
I just need to make sure that I make the choices that move me closer to my goals.