Saturday, February 19, 2011

Don't get mad: get even

Last night was the Big Event.  My dress didn't fit as well as I'd hoped, but I thought I looked pretty sexy nonetheless.  The evening was pretty uneventful, but right at the end I ran into A- (who went with J-); she was putting on her jacket and I asked if they were getting out of there.  She said yes, if she could find J-; I asked where he was and she said, making out with some girl.

Ouch.

M- said, don't get mad: get even.  My first thought was that getting even would be continuing the whole fitness thing, looking hot, and snagging a hot girlfriend, in reality the best thing I could do for myself (which would also serve well enough as getting even!) is to keep up with the first two parts of that, and also moving the fuck out of Chico.


There's really nothing for me here anymore that I couldn't find somewhere else.  There are only a few people here that I really feel close to, I don't like the majority of the people I'm working under, and Chico doesn't have a dating pool worth speaking of.

We went to the Maltese after leafing the dance, and a short, fat, not really good-looking butch hit on me.  It was flattering in its own way, but frustrating that the only person to hit on me was someone who I wasn't the least bit attracted to and wouldn't consider dating/sleeping with.  It also made me wonder if I'm really less attractive than I think I am, which is a stupid thing to think, but that's how I roll.

There's a job opening at ARF in Walnut Creek that I'm going to apply for.

I'll try out the new yoga video later today.

I feel like shit.