Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Slipping

I feel myself slipping into some really awful destructive state. I'm not being nice, I'm losing my patience faster, and making worse (though not entirely bad) food choices.
I woke up at 3am yesterday and did not fall back asleep.  I took the time to get some stuff done around the house, and did some yoga (hip openers).  I had a terrible day at work and even though I was home by 4, i didn't take the kids out.  I knew I wasn't in a good emotional state to deal with pulling on leash or lunging after cats.
I do want to think that this is more about my cycle that about slipping into real depression again, but it seems a bit early for that.

I went out list night on a mission to buy cigarettes, popcorn & nutritional yeast, then - fortunately - changed my mind and turned around, opting only for cigarettes.  That was a GOOD CHOICE. I'm glad for that last minute change of heart.  I think I would have ended up throwing it up, any way, and that's one habit I really don't want to fall back into.

I went to bed just after 8 and woke up just before 6.  Plenty of sleep.

I want to make today a better day.

I want to make the next day even better than that.

I'm gonna take the kids out for a nice long walk/jog/whatever this morning.

I'm gonna remember to breathe.