Friday, January 28, 2011

Jealousy!

K- just posted of FB that she's lost 50lb and is now a size 8.  I'm not even a size 8 anymore.  That made me really (irrationally) angry and jealous. It made me feel like a failure at beauty/attractiveness/whatever.  I know it's misogynist and wrong, but I always prided myself on being skinnier that her, and now I'm really not.  I can - if I want - take it as more incentive to get in shape, which I will try to do.

Spent the whole morning doing NOTHING, finally got off my butt & took the kids for a long walk/jog.  We ended up going 3.5 miles in under 50 minutes.... which makes me really proud.  Haven't eaten much today, but what I have consumed has been healthy.
I need to focus on my successes (especially now, since I've not been so happy lately) and let go of my frustrations.